Learn to insert symbols like degree, euro, and delta in Google Sheets using shortcuts, CHAR function, and more.
- For the degree symbol, use ALT + 0176, copy/paste, '=CHAR(176)', or the Character Map.
- To insert the euro symbol, utilize the Insert special characters dialog, ALT + 0128, Alt + Shift + 2, or copy/paste.
- For the delta symbol, press F2, use ALT + 30/ALT + 235, or copy/paste from another source.
Automate symbol insertion in Google Sheets with Bardeen to enhance productivity and accuracy. Learn more at https://www.bardeen.ai/download.
How to Insert Symbol in Google Sheets
Inserting symbols in Google Sheets can enhance the clarity and presentation of your data. While Google Sheets does not have a direct feature for inserting special symbols, there are several effective workarounds to achieve this.
How to Insert Degree Symbol in Google Sheets
To insert a degree symbol, you can use one of the following methods:
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Press ALT + 0176 on your numeric keypad.
- Copy and paste the degree symbol (°) from another source.
- Use the CHAR function: Type '=CHAR(176)' in a cell and press Enter.
- For Windows users, utilize the Character Map to copy and paste the symbol.
How to Insert Euro Symbol in Google Sheets
For inserting the Euro symbol, you can:
- Use the Insert special characters dialog in Google Docs, then copy and paste the symbol into Sheets.
- On Windows, press Alt + 0128 using the numeric keypad. For Mac, use Alt + Shift + 2.
- Create a custom Substitutions shortcut in Google Docs for the Euro symbol and then copy it to Sheets.
- Alternatively, copy the Euro symbol (€) from this text and paste it into your sheet.
How to Insert Delta Symbol in Google Sheets
To insert a delta symbol, follow these steps:
- In Google Sheets, select the cell where you want to insert the delta symbol.
- Press F2 to enter Edit mode.
- Use the Alt code: Press ALT + 30 for uppercase delta (Δ) or ALT + 235 for lowercase delta (δ) using the numeric keypad.
- Alternatively, you can copy the delta symbol from Google Docs or another source and paste it into your sheet.
These methods provide a variety of options for inserting symbols into Google Sheets, catering to different user preferences and system configurations.
Automate Your Google Sheets with Bardeen Playbooks
While inserting symbols in Google Sheets can be done manually, automating this process can significantly enhance productivity and accuracy, especially for repetitive tasks. For instance, generating QR codes or updating spreadsheet data based on external triggers can be streamlined with automation. Bardeen offers powerful playbooks to automate various tasks within Google Sheets, saving you time and minimizing manual effort.
- Create QR codes for a list of links in Google Sheets and save to Google Drive: This playbook automates the creation of QR codes from URLs listed in Google Sheets, saving each QR code to Google Drive for easy access and organization.
- Save selected text to Google Sheets, when I right-click: Effortlessly save any selected text from the web to Google Sheets with a simple right-click, perfect for research or data collection tasks.
- Save a Google Translate translation to Google Sheets: Seamlessly save translations from Google Translate to Google Sheets, ideal for managing multilingual data or learning new languages.
Learn how to insert a date picker in Google Sheets using Data Validation for easy date input, enhancing tracking of deadlines and schedules.
Master sorting in Google Sheets: Alphabetically, by dates, and by color. Enhance productivity and data analysis with easy steps.
Learn how to insert copied rows in Google Sheets without overwriting existing data, enhancing your data management and productivity.
Discover 4 easy methods to add bullet points in Google Sheets, including keyboard shortcuts, custom formatting, CHAR function, and copy-paste.
Learn how to insert a newline in Google Sheets cells using keyboard shortcuts, CHAR(10), and text wrapping for improved data readability.
Quick guide on copying cell, chart, and conditional formatting in Google Sheets. Learn to use Paint Format, shortcuts, and 'Paste special'.
Your proactive teammate — doing the busywork to save you time
Integrate your apps and websites
Use data and events in one app to automate another. Bardeen supports an increasing library of powerful integrations.
Perform tasks & actions
Bardeen completes tasks in apps and websites you use for work, so you don't have to - filling forms, sending messages, or even crafting detailed reports.
Combine it all to create workflows
Workflows are a series of actions triggered by you or a change in a connected app. They automate repetitive tasks you normally perform manually - saving you time.
Don't just connect your apps, automate them.
200,000+ users and counting use Bardeen to eliminate repetitive tasks