I have to say, Midjourney is easily one of my favorite AI image generators out there. Trust me, I've tried a lot of them! Midjourney is the clear winner when it comes to producing the best results. However, it is a bit unconventional compared to other AI image generators like Stable Diffusion and DALL·E 2. Unfortunately, you cannot install it on your own computer or access it through a nicely designed web app. Instead, you need to use it through Discord, a chat app. But don't let that stop you from giving it a try - I think you'll be impressed with the results!
Using a chat app to access Midjourney may seem a bit unconventional, but the quality of the results you'll achieve makes it well worth the effort involved. Just follow the steps below and you'll be generating stunning AI images in no time!
Step 1: Sign up for Discord
Discord is a chat app, though it was originally designed for gamers trying to coordinate tactics while playing multiplayer online games like League of Legends and World of Warcraft. It's incredibly popular with gaming groups and other arts and hobby communities. There is a reason that Midjourney uses Discord—even if it seems a little convoluted from the outside.
All that said, before you can even use Midjourney, you need to sign up for a Discord account. It's free, so head to Discord's site and register a new account if you don't already have one.
Step 2: Sign up for Midjourney AI
After you make a Discord account, it's time to join the Midjourney beta. First, go to the Midjourney website. Then, click on Join the Beta. This will send you an invite to join the Midjourney Discord channel. To accept the invite, click on Accept Invite and you're good to go!
In order to use Midjourney, you need to subscribe to a paid plan plan, just go to one of the newcomer rooms (they're called things like #newbies-14 and #newbies-44). In the message field, you can type /subscribe and hit enter. This is called a slash command, and it's how you interact with Discord bots like Midjourney. By doing this, you're letting Midjourney know that you want to subscribe.
After that, you'll receive a link that will direct you to sign up for a paid Midjourney plan. It's that simple!
If you don't want to go through all the steps and pay extra for the Midjourney, consider starting with a Bardeen.ai account. Bardeen is an AI automation platform, with Bardeen.ai, you can access premium features for OpenAI, Midjourney, Snov, Clearbit, HubSpot, and all other premium apps and features.
Try ready-to-use playbooks with just one click:
You can also edit and add Midjourney or OpenAI capabilities to the workflow, and scale up creativity. No more AI silos.
Step 3: Start using Midjourney AI
Once you upgraded to a paid plan with Midjourney, you can start creating your own images with prompts. The #newbies channels may appear a bit chaotic at first due to many users posting prompts and requests. But don't worry, you can always scroll through the different channels to learn what works and what doesn't. It's a great way to get started!
If you're currently using a paid plan and would like a more relaxed workspace, simply click on the Midjourney Bot and send it a direct message. It's that easy!
Enter /imagine in the message box, and then type a text prompt, and press Enter or return.
Fine-Tuning Prompts for Better Quality Images with Midjourney AI
If you're looking to create better images with Midjourney AI, here are some tips that might help:
- Be specific: Providing Midjourney AI with lots of details about what you want your image to look like can go a long way. Think about things like style, colors, and other features that you're interested in.
- Use examples: Showing Midjourney AI pictures that look like what you're hoping to create can be really helpful. This will help the AI better understand what you're looking for and make better images.
- Experiment with different prompts: Trying different ways of asking Midjourney AI to create your image can lead to some really cool results. So don't be afraid to mix things up and see what happens!
- Give feedback: Let Midjourney AI know what you think of the pictures it creates. This will help it learn and improve over time, so don't be shy about sharing your thoughts.
- Stay up-to-date: Midjourney AI is constantly improving, so staying on top of the latest AI and image tech can help you make even better images.
- Add images: All you have to do is copy and paste the image URL, and voila! You can even add new images to your Discord message by clicking on the + button in the message box and dragging it into your prompt. It's super easy and convenient. Keep up the great work, you're doing awesome!
Excited to see you're ready to create some awesome images with Midjourney AI. These tips are going to be really helpful for you. So, give them a try today and let's see what you can come up with! Have fun!
We hope this guide has been helpful in getting you started with Midjourney AI. With our AI-powered platform, you can take your business to the next level by automating your customer service, optimizing your marketing campaigns, and more. Remember to fine-tune your prompts and experiment with different AI modules to get the best results.
If you're not ready to commit to a Midjourney AI account, consider trying Bardeen.ai, which offers access to premium features for a variety of AI applications, including Midjourney, OpenAI, and more.