Master LinkedIn follow-ups for networking, job searching, or engaging with recruiters by being polite, concise, and professional. Key steps include:
- Personalize your connection requests and messages.
- Be concise, clear, and maintain professionalism.
- Time your follow-ups strategically, waiting at least a week.
- Continue networking while waiting for responses.
Automate your LinkedIn follow-up process with Bardeen to ensure timely, personalized engagement. Learn more at https://www.bardeen.ai/download.
How to Follow Up on LinkedIn
Following up on LinkedIn is a crucial step in networking, job searching, or engaging with recruiters. It demonstrates your interest, professionalism, and persistence. Whether you're following up after a networking event, with a recruiter, or on a job application, the approach varies slightly but the core principles remain the same. Here's a comprehensive guide on how to effectively follow up on LinkedIn.
How to Follow Up with Recruiter on LinkedIn
When following up with a recruiter on LinkedIn after initial contact or application, it's essential to be polite, concise, and professional. Start by finding the recruiter's LinkedIn profile and sending a personalized connection request if you're not already connected. Include a brief note reminding them of your interaction or application and expressing your continued interest in the position. After connecting, send a follow-up message reiterating your interest and qualifications for the role. Mention any recent achievements that make you a stronger candidate and politely inquire about the status of your application or the hiring process. Remember to thank them for their time and consideration.
How to Follow Up on a Job Application on LinkedIn
Following up on a job application via LinkedIn involves a few strategic steps. If the job posting provided contact information, use that to send a follow-up message. If not, use LinkedIn to find the hiring manager or recruiter's profile. Send a personalized connection request with a note mentioning your application. After connecting, craft a follow-up message that includes your name, the position you applied for, and the submission date. Highlight your key qualifications and express your enthusiasm for the opportunity. Ask about the next steps in the hiring process and offer to provide additional information if needed. Be patient and professional throughout the process.
How to Send a Follow Up Message on LinkedIn
Sending a follow-up message on LinkedIn should be done with care to ensure it's received positively. Start by crafting a compelling subject line that grabs attention and clearly states the purpose of your message. Keep your message short, focusing on your interest in the position or topic of discussion, and highlight your relevant qualifications or contributions. Ask a clear, direct question to encourage a response, such as inquiring about the next steps or if there's any additional information they need from you. Always give them an out, acknowledging their busy schedule and expressing understanding if they're unable to assist at the moment. Be judiciously persistent, following up no more than three times, spaced a week apart, to demonstrate your interest without being overbearing.
General Tips for Following Up on LinkedIn
- Personalize Your Messages: Always tailor your follow-up messages to the recipient, mentioning specific details from your previous interaction to remind them of who you are.
- Be Concise and Clear: Keep your messages short and to the point, focusing on the essential information and your request or question.
- Timing is Key: Wait at least a week after your initial interaction or application before following up. This shows respect for the recipient's time while keeping your request relevant.
- Maintain Professionalism: Even if you're following up multiple times, always remain polite and professional. Avoid expressing frustration or impatience.
- Continue Networking: While waiting for a response, continue to engage with other connections and opportunities on LinkedIn. This keeps your profile active and may lead to new prospects.
By following these guidelines, you can effectively follow up on LinkedIn, increasing your chances of advancing your career or business goals while maintaining positive professional relationships.
Automate Your LinkedIn Follow-Ups with Bardeen
Following up on LinkedIn is a crucial step in networking, job searching, or engaging with recruiters. While this can be done manually, automating the process using Bardeen's LinkedIn integration can significantly enhance your efficiency and impact. For instance, automating follow-up messages or outreach emails ensures timely engagement with your connections, making your networking efforts more effective.
- Create a sales outreach email draft in Microsoft Outlook for the currently opened LinkedIn profile: Automates the creation of a personalized sales outreach email using details from a LinkedIn profile, saving it as a draft in Microsoft Outlook. Ideal for sales professionals looking to streamline their outreach process.
- Create a personalized outreach email from a LinkedIn post: Enhances engagement by crafting personalized outreach emails based on LinkedIn posts, perfect for content-driven outreach strategies.
- Send mutual connections from a LinkedIn profile to Slack: Facilitates team collaboration by automatically sending mutual LinkedIn connections to a designated Slack channel or user, optimizing sales prospecting and networking strategies.
By leveraging these automations, you can ensure that your follow-up on LinkedIn is not only consistent but also personalized and impactful. Start automating your LinkedIn follow-up process today by downloading the Bardeen app at Bardeen.ai/download.
Learn to find LinkedIn phone numbers via manual checks, Chrome extensions, and automation tools for efficient networking and outreach.
Learn how to import LinkedIn contacts to HubSpot using methods like Hublead's Chrome extension, CSV exports, manual entry, scraping tools, and Hubris.
Guide on exporting emails from LinkedIn connections, Sales Navigator, and using third-party tools for networking and marketing in 2024.
Learn how to find and engage with influencers on LinkedIn in 5 steps. Discover tools and strategies to connect with industry leaders effectively.
Learn how to secure SEO clients on LinkedIn in 5 steps: profile optimization, targeted outreach, content marketing, and platform features.
Learn how to add a LinkedIn badge to your profile in 4 steps to showcase how LinkedIn helped secure your job. Exclusive for new job entries.
Your proactive teammate — doing the busywork to save you time
Integrate your apps and websites
Use data and events in one app to automate another. Bardeen supports an increasing library of powerful integrations.
Perform tasks & actions
Bardeen completes tasks in apps and websites you use for work, so you don't have to - filling forms, sending messages, or even crafting detailed reports.
Combine it all to create workflows
Workflows are a series of actions triggered by you or a change in a connected app. They automate repetitive tasks you normally perform manually - saving you time.
Don't just connect your apps, automate them.
200,000+ users and counting use Bardeen to eliminate repetitive tasks