The 'Message' or 'Connect' options on LinkedIn profiles change due to specific reasons, including email confirmation issues, existing connections, pending connection requests, having over 500 connections, or the user's preference for followers over connections.
- If email issues exist or a new email needs confirmation, the 'Connect' button may not appear.
- 'Message' replaces 'Connect' if you're already connected or have sent a connection request.
- Over 500 connections or selecting 'Follow' as the default changes the 'Connect' option to 'Follow'.
- To connect when 'Connect' isn't visible, use the 'More' button and select 'Connect' from the dropdown.
Automate and personalize your LinkedIn networking with Bardeen's LinkedIn integration. Learn more at Bardeen.ai/download.
Why Do Some LinkedIn Profiles Say Message Instead of Connect
On LinkedIn, the options you see on someone's profile—whether it's 'Message' or 'Connect'—can vary due to several reasons. Understanding these reasons can help clarify user confusion and enhance the understanding of LinkedIn's networking features. The primary reasons include:
- If you haven't confirmed your primary email, the email bounced, or a new email needs confirmation, the 'Connect' button may not appear.
- You're already connected to the member, which replaces the 'Connect' option with 'Message'.
- You've already sent the member a connection request, which temporarily removes the 'Connect' button until they respond.
- Having over 500 connections can change the default action to 'Follow', with the 'Connect' option moving to the dropdown menu under the 'More' button.
- If you or the member whose profile you're viewing has selected 'Follow' as the default option instead of 'Connect' or turned on Creator mode, the 'Connect' button will be replaced with 'Follow'.
Note that InMail messages allow you to send a direct message to a member you aren't connected to within your network. However, if you have a Basic (free) account, you must upgrade to a Premium account to use InMail credits. Premium account holders can purchase additional InMail message credits if needed.
If you encounter a profile without a 'Connect' button and wish to connect, you can click on the 'More' button on their profile and select 'Connect' from the dropdown menu. Remember to write a thoughtful, personalized invitation, as this increases the likelihood of your request being accepted.
Automate LinkedIn Networking with Bardeen Playbooks
While some LinkedIn profiles may show the 'Message' option instead of 'Connect' due to various reasons detailed previously, connecting with individuals on LinkedIn can still be automated and personalized efficiently using Bardeen's LinkedIn integration.
Bardeen offers a variety of playbooks that can automate tasks on LinkedIn, making your networking efforts more effective and personalized:
- Connect with a LinkedIn user and display a message: This playbook allows you to automate the process of connecting with users by extracting information from their LinkedIn profiles and crafting personalized connection messages. It's a great way to increase the acceptance rate of your connection requests by making each one feel personal and relevant.
- Send mutual connections from a LinkedIn profile to Slack: Enhance team collaboration by automatically sharing mutual connections from LinkedIn profiles directly to a Slack channel or user. This playbook is perfect for sales teams looking to leverage shared connections for warm introductions.
Utilize these powerful Bardeen playbooks to streamline your LinkedIn networking strategy and engage with your connections more effectively. Download the Bardeen app today at Bardeen.ai/download and start automating your LinkedIn tasks.
Learn to find LinkedIn phone numbers via manual checks, Chrome extensions, and automation tools for efficient networking and outreach.
Learn how to import LinkedIn contacts to HubSpot using methods like Hublead's Chrome extension, CSV exports, manual entry, scraping tools, and Hubris.
Guide on exporting emails from LinkedIn connections, Sales Navigator, and using third-party tools for networking and marketing in 2024.
Learn how to find and engage with influencers on LinkedIn in 5 steps. Discover tools and strategies to connect with industry leaders effectively.
Learn how to secure SEO clients on LinkedIn in 5 steps: profile optimization, targeted outreach, content marketing, and platform features.
Learn how to add a LinkedIn badge to your profile in 4 steps to showcase how LinkedIn helped secure your job. Exclusive for new job entries.
Your proactive teammate — doing the busywork to save you time
Integrate your apps and websites
Use data and events in one app to automate another. Bardeen supports an increasing library of powerful integrations.
Perform tasks & actions
Bardeen completes tasks in apps and websites you use for work, so you don't have to - filling forms, sending messages, or even crafting detailed reports.
Combine it all to create workflows
Workflows are a series of actions triggered by you or a change in a connected app. They automate repetitive tasks you normally perform manually - saving you time.
Don't just connect your apps, automate them.
200,000+ users and counting use Bardeen to eliminate repetitive tasks