Effectively connect with hiring managers on LinkedIn by following a strategic 8-step approach.
- Identify the hiring manager using LinkedIn's search and company pages.
- Choose the right contact or ask for a referral to the hiring manager.
- Send a personalized connection request.
- Message the hiring manager after applying for a job.
- Keep your messages brief and professional.
- Engage with active LinkedIn members.
- Be prepared for non-responses.
- Ask for referrals or advice from existing connections.
Reaching out to a hiring manager on LinkedIn can be a strategic step in your job search. Here's a synthesis of the best practices and steps to take:
- Identify the Hiring Manager: Use LinkedIn's search bar to find the hiring manager by entering keywords such as job title and company name. For example, "Talent acquisition Pfizer" or "human resources YMCA." Filter the results by people to see profiles that match your search.
- Use Company Pages: Visit the company's LinkedIn page and click on the "People" tab to see employees. You can also check the "Life" tab for "Trending Employee Content" to find active LinkedIn members to connect with.
- Choose the Right Person: If you're unsure who the hiring manager is, LinkedIn's job postings sometimes include a "Meet the hiring team" section. If you have LinkedIn Premium, you can message them directly.
- Send a Connection Request: When you find a hiring manager you want to connect with, send a personalized connection request. Mention common points of connection, such as shared interests, experiences, or professional groups.
- Message After Applying: After applying for a job, follow up with a message to the hiring manager on LinkedIn. Share your excitement about the opportunity and highlight how your skills align with the company's needs.
- Keep Messages Brief and Professional: Your messages should be concise, under 100 words, and free of errors. Avoid asking questions that require a detailed response, as this may overwhelm the hiring manager.
- Engage with Active Members: Prioritize connecting with LinkedIn members who are active, as indicated by their regular posts and engagement with others. This increases the likelihood of building a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Ask for Advice, Not a Referral: If you're reaching out to a connection for job search help, ask for advice or insights rather than a direct referral. This approach is less imposing and can still lead to a referral if the connection offers.
Remember, not every hiring manager will respond, and that's normal. Focus on making genuine connections and providing value in your interactions. By following these steps, you'll increase your chances of standing out and making a positive impression on hiring managers on LinkedIn.
Streamline Your LinkedIn Networking with Bardeen Automations
Reaching out to hiring managers on LinkedIn can be a manual process, but with Bardeen, you can automate your approach to make your job search more efficient. Automations can help you connect with relevant contacts, gather insights, and personalize your outreach at scale.
Explore some of the automation examples below that can be built with Bardeen:
- Connect with a list of LinkedIn contacts: This playbook automates the process of sending connection requests to a list of LinkedIn profiles, allowing you to expand your network effortlessly.
- Copy LinkedIn Post commenters to Google Sheets: Harness the power of engagement by tracking who interacts with LinkedIn posts, essential for identifying potential hiring managers who are active in relevant discussions.
- Enrich a list of companies with LinkedIn company and employee info in Google Sheets: Gain insights into companies and their employees directly from LinkedIn, which can be instrumental in tailoring your outreach to hiring managers.
Leverage these automations to streamline your networking strategy on LinkedIn. Get started with these tools by downloading the Bardeen app at Bardeen.ai/download.
Learn to find LinkedIn phone numbers via manual checks, Chrome extensions, and automation tools for efficient networking and outreach.
Learn how to import LinkedIn contacts to HubSpot using methods like Hublead's Chrome extension, CSV exports, manual entry, scraping tools, and Hubris.
Guide on exporting emails from LinkedIn connections, Sales Navigator, and using third-party tools for networking and marketing in 2024.
Learn how to find and engage with influencers on LinkedIn in 5 steps. Discover tools and strategies to connect with industry leaders effectively.
Learn how to secure SEO clients on LinkedIn in 5 steps: profile optimization, targeted outreach, content marketing, and platform features.
Learn how to add a LinkedIn badge to your profile in 4 steps to showcase how LinkedIn helped secure your job. Exclusive for new job entries.
Your proactive teammate — doing the busywork to save you time
Integrate your apps and websites
Use data and events in one app to automate another. Bardeen supports an increasing library of powerful integrations.
Perform tasks & actions
Bardeen completes tasks in apps and websites you use for work, so you don't have to - filling forms, sending messages, or even crafting detailed reports.
Combine it all to create workflows
Workflows are a series of actions triggered by you or a change in a connected app. They automate repetitive tasks you normally perform manually - saving you time.
Don't just connect your apps, automate them.
200,000+ users and counting use Bardeen to eliminate repetitive tasks