Sending a LinkedIn connection request involves visiting a member's profile and clicking the 'Connect' button.
- Go to the member's profile.
- Click 'Connect' in the introduction section.
- Personalize your invitation with 'Add a note' or 'Personalize Invite'.
- Type a personalized message and click 'Send invitation'.
- Other methods: 'Connect' on search results, importing contacts, accepting invitations, and using 'People You May Know'.
- Remember to be brief, polite, and clear about your intent within the 300-character limit.
To send a connection request on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the profile of the member you'd like to connect with.
- Click or tap the Connect button located in the introduction section of their profile.
- To personalize your invitation, click or tap Add a note (on desktop) or Personalize Invite (on mobile).
- Enter your personalized message in the text field. Remember, personalization can significantly increase the likelihood of your request being accepted.
- Click or tap Send invitation.
Additional methods to connect with people on LinkedIn include:
- Using the Connect button on the search results page next to the member's information.
- Importing contacts on the Grow Your Network page using their email address.
- Accepting pending invitations on the My Network page.
- Clicking the Connect button under a member's name in the People You May Know section.
- Asking a mutual connection to introduce you to a 2nd-degree connection.
Keep in mind:
- You may be asked how you know the member when sending a connection request. If you select "We don’t know each other," you'll need to send a message first to establish a relationship.
- Invitations sent from the People You May Know feature in the LinkedIn mobile app can't be personalized.
- A primary email address is required to send invitations.
- If the recipient responds to your custom message, a new message thread will appear in your Inbox.
- Your account may be temporarily restricted from sending invitations if members report them as spam.
When crafting a personalized message, consider these tips:
- Introduce yourself briefly and mention your profession or common interests.
- Explain how you found their profile, whether through a networking event, shared interests, or mutual connections.
- Be clear about your intention to connect, such as seeking advice, learning about their work, or discussing employment opportunities.
- Do not ask for a job directly in your connection message.
- Keep the message within the 300-character limit, making it polite, pertinent, personalized, professional, and praiseful.
Streamline Your LinkedIn Networking with Bardeen
Manually sending connection requests on LinkedIn can be time-consuming, especially when you're looking to expand your network efficiently. Fortunately, you can automate this process along with other LinkedIn networking activities using Bardeen. Automating such tasks ensures that you can focus on building meaningful relationships rather than on the repetitive process of sending requests.
Here are some examples of how Bardeen can streamline your LinkedIn networking:
- Get mutual connections from a LinkedIn profile: Before sending a connection request, you might want to explore mutual connections that could provide an introduction or context. This playbook automates the process of identifying mutual connections.
- Save mutual connections from a LinkedIn profile to Google Sheets: After identifying mutual connections, this playbook helps you save them to a Google Sheets spreadsheet, making it easier to manage your outreach efforts.
- Save mutual connections from a LinkedIn profile to Airtable: If you prefer Airtable for managing your networking activities, this playbook seamlessly adds mutual connections to your Airtable base.
Learn to find LinkedIn phone numbers via manual checks, Chrome extensions, and automation tools for efficient networking and outreach.
Learn how to import LinkedIn contacts to HubSpot using methods like Hublead's Chrome extension, CSV exports, manual entry, scraping tools, and Hubris.
Guide on exporting emails from LinkedIn connections, Sales Navigator, and using third-party tools for networking and marketing in 2024.
Learn how to find and engage with influencers on LinkedIn in 5 steps. Discover tools and strategies to connect with industry leaders effectively.
Learn how to secure SEO clients on LinkedIn in 5 steps: profile optimization, targeted outreach, content marketing, and platform features.
Learn how to add a LinkedIn badge to your profile in 4 steps to showcase how LinkedIn helped secure your job. Exclusive for new job entries.
Your proactive teammate — doing the busywork to save you time
Integrate your apps and websites
Use data and events in one app to automate another. Bardeen supports an increasing library of powerful integrations.
Perform tasks & actions
Bardeen completes tasks in apps and websites you use for work, so you don't have to - filling forms, sending messages, or even crafting detailed reports.
Combine it all to create workflows
Workflows are a series of actions triggered by you or a change in a connected app. They automate repetitive tasks you normally perform manually - saving you time.
Don't just connect your apps, automate them.
200,000+ users and counting use Bardeen to eliminate repetitive tasks