'3rd' on LinkedIn indicates 3rd-degree connections, who are connected to your 2nd-degree connections but not to you directly.
- 3rd-degree connections are one step removed from your direct network.
- Interaction requires a connection request or InMail for detailed info.
- Connecting with them expands your network and opportunities.
- LeadDelta can help manage 3rd-degree connections for networking.
On LinkedIn, the term "3rd" refers to 3rd-degree connections within your professional network. These are individuals who are connected to your 2nd-degree connections but not directly connected to you. Here's a breakdown of what this means and how you can interact with 3rd-degree connections:
- 3rd-degree connections: These are people who are one step further removed from your immediate network. They are connected to your 2nd-degree connections. You'll see a 3rd-degree icon next to their name in search results and on their profile.
- To interact with 3rd-degree connections, you cannot directly message them or view their detailed information unless you send them a connection request or use an InMail if you have a premium account.
- If you wish to connect with a 3rd-degree connection, you can send them a connection request. Once they accept, they become a 2nd-degree connection, and if they accept your invitation to connect, they become a 1st-degree connection.
- For networking purposes, it's beneficial to expand your network to include 3rd-degree connections as they can provide access to a wider range of professionals and potential opportunities.
- Tools like LeadDelta can help you manage and keep track of 3rd-degree connections by allowing you to import their information into a separate database, even if they are not directly connected to you. This can be useful for future networking or business opportunities.
Understanding the degrees of connection on LinkedIn is crucial for effectively navigating the platform and leveraging your professional network to its fullest potential.
Bardeen: Supercharge Your LinkedIn Networking
Understanding the meaning of '3rd' on LinkedIn is crucial as it indicates the degree of connection you have with another user on the platform. While grasping this concept manually is beneficial, automating related LinkedIn networking tasks can significantly enhance your productivity. Bardeen offers a suite of automations that seamlessly integrate with LinkedIn, saving you time and helping you connect with third-degree contacts more effectively.
Here are some valuable LinkedIn automations provided by Bardeen that can streamline your networking efforts:
- Save LinkedIn group members to Google Sheets: Extract LinkedIn group members, possibly including 3rd-degree connections, and save them directly to Google Sheets for better outreach and networking strategies.
- Generate a prospect research report in a Google Doc from an email address using BardeenAI: Create detailed research reports on prospects, which may include 3rd-degree connections, using their LinkedIn profiles or email addresses.
- Copy LinkedIn company data to Google Sheets, when I right-click: Quickly capture data from a LinkedIn company page, which could be useful for understanding your relationship to 3rd-degree connections within that company.
To leverage these powerful LinkedIn automation tools, download the Bardeen app at Bardeen.ai/download and start transforming your networking today.
Learn to find LinkedIn phone numbers via manual checks, Chrome extensions, and automation tools for efficient networking and outreach.
Learn how to import LinkedIn contacts to HubSpot using methods like Hublead's Chrome extension, CSV exports, manual entry, scraping tools, and Hubris.
Guide on exporting emails from LinkedIn connections, Sales Navigator, and using third-party tools for networking and marketing in 2024.
Learn how to find and engage with influencers on LinkedIn in 5 steps. Discover tools and strategies to connect with industry leaders effectively.
Learn how to secure SEO clients on LinkedIn in 5 steps: profile optimization, targeted outreach, content marketing, and platform features.
Learn how to add a LinkedIn badge to your profile in 4 steps to showcase how LinkedIn helped secure your job. Exclusive for new job entries.
Your proactive teammate — doing the busywork to save you time
Integrate your apps and websites
Use data and events in one app to automate another. Bardeen supports an increasing library of powerful integrations.
Perform tasks & actions
Bardeen completes tasks in apps and websites you use for work, so you don't have to - filling forms, sending messages, or even crafting detailed reports.
Combine it all to create workflows
Workflows are a series of actions triggered by you or a change in a connected app. They automate repetitive tasks you normally perform manually - saving you time.
Don't just connect your apps, automate them.
200,000+ users and counting use Bardeen to eliminate repetitive tasks