TL;DR: Our Bardeen community has accomplished amazing things, but it's time to level up! We're migrating our Slack and Canny to Discourse to provide a more organized and engaging experience. Join us at community.bardeen.ai and let's take AI automation to the next level together!
Important: by the end of July 2023 we’ll stop supporting Slack as our official community platform.
What Bardeen Community has achieved together
Over the past year, our Bardeen community has been a hub of creativity and innovation. We've organized automation contests, community events, and shared impressive use cases to showcase the power of automation and AI in eliminating tedious tasks.
Through this community, thousands of users have been inspired, and it has provided a direct channel for our team to collaborate with users in building the product.
In just one year, we have grown from just a couple of hundred users to over 4,000 members, experiencing a staggering 600% growth in the last 6 months alone.
We owe our success to the members of our community who have supported our mission. We take pride in what we have achieved together and look forward with enthusiasm to the future.
Why we're migrating from Slack and Canny
As our community continues to grow, we face new challenges in providing an even better experience for our members.
We need a tool that can allow any of our users to engage, share their ideas, and find information easily, in an organized space.
Although Slack and Canny have served us well, we recognize the need for a platform that better meets our evolving needs.
After careful consideration, we have decided to migrate Bardeen’s Community into Discourse.
Notion and Figma have inspired us with their successful community migrations.
After evaluating multiple platforms and considering what was best for our community and team, we found that Discourse was the right tool for us.
What's Happening with Slack?
We understand that many of you have been active on Slack, and we want to assure you that we have a plan in place.
We are gradually migrating everything over to Discourse, and by the end of July 2023, we will no longer be using Slack as our official community platform. We will also be bidding farewell to Canny as our feedback collection system.
Our goal is to make this transition as seamless as possible and ensure that all valuable conversations and knowledge are preserved.
Join us on this exciting journey of automation and AI. Let's level up together and make the Bardeen Community on Discourse our new home.
Why this is great news for everyone!
The new Discourse Community is a power-up for all of us, designed to provide more control, better organization, and a richer experience.
Using Discourse, we can maintain a lasting knowledge base that allows us to build upon shared knowledge and experiences over time. The platform is easily searchable and publicly indexed on the web. Additionally, Discourse offers robust moderation tools to ensure a safe and engaging environment for everyone.
A community built by the community
At Bardeen, we believe in the power of collaboration. Our new community platform on Discourse is a reflection of that belief. We worked closely with our team members and devoted ambassadors to co-create a community that caters to your needs and interests.
Your voice matters, and this platform is designed to ensure that your ideas, questions, and automations are heard and celebrated!
Our mission is to eliminate the boring tasks of our members and teach them how to use automation and AI to streamline their workflows, saving time and skyrocketing productivity. We aim to build the largest AI + Automation community out there. 🚀
We welcome your feedback on how to make the community a more valuable and engaging place!
How to get started in the community
We can't wait for you to join us in the new Bardeen Community on Discourse! Getting started is simple. Follow these steps:
- Visit community.bardeen.ai.
- Create your Discourse account by clicking on the "Log in" button.
You can log in with your Bardeen account, no need to create another account.
- And that’s it! Follow the steps on the getting started topic to make the best out of your journey inside the community.
You are now ready to participate in existing discussions, share your automations, ask questions, and offer your insights!
Please keep in mind that the Bardeen Community is a place for collaboration and growth. To create an environment where everyone feels welcome and inspired, it's important to be respectful, supportive, and open-minded.
New features of the community
The Bardeen Community on Discourse offers many exciting features. As we delve deeper into it, we constantly discover new ones. Here are some of the things you can expect:
- Leverage Bardeen’s Docs to search for answers to your questions!
- Your content is now publicly indexed on the web, meaning that your contributions will be more meaningful and people will find your content with ease. Use this to your advantage and build your personal brand!
- Upvoting! You can upvote others' ideas or bugs to prioritize them. There is no more need to report your issues and ideas on Canny. Everything is centralized in a single platform!
- Moderators and trust levels play an important role in ensuring the safety and quality of a community. The most active and trusted users can earn higher trust levels, which grant you access to exclusive categories, moderation abilities, and the ability to edit posts. These privileges allow you to help keep the community safe and maintain its quality.
- Notifications: You can now customize your notification preferences to ensure that you receive updates on the topics, categories, and conversations that matter to you.
- Personalization: The new platform provides rich personalization options to customize your experience. You can tailor the platform to your preferences by selecting the categories you want to see and choosing a theme.
- We understand that having the community accessible on the go is crucial, so you can download the Discourse app from the App Store or Google Play, and log in to the Bardeen Community from there. It works seamlessly!
- Badges: Community members can upvote, interact with, and help other users. In return, they will be rewarded with badges, higher trust within the community, and potential features by the community. Additionally, top contributors may receive Bardeen credits in the future and be given access to our ambassador program.
We're thrilled to embark on this new chapter of the Bardeen Community.
Join us today at community.bardeen.ai and be part of a vibrant community where automation, AI, and innovation converge.
Together, we'll push the boundaries of what's possible and shape the future of automation!